Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Ethic Guidelines for Poetry Foundation

I personally think it is a good idea, actually an innovative idea to put their guidelines for ethical practices on their website. To put their vaules and acceptable behaviors on public display is a bold move. It gives you the chance to see how the foundation deals with corporate practices like free gifts and contests. I know if I was a potential sponsor of the organization I would be more then happy to back them up. I would feel confident in the foundation because I know it does have guidelines that it stands behind and actually practices. The fact that the only time a "modest" gift is given is when someone has had a death in the family, leaving or retiring or has become sick themselves. I real believe other foundations could learn something from this fantastic idea. Which leads me to the idea that there are people in this country that believe charities and foundations are fake. Fake meaning they do not do what they say they are going to and have done. These people believe things like the Katrina charities did not do with the funds they recieved what they said they did and were gonna do. It seems absurd on one hand to me becuase of legal regulators but in the other hand that is alot of money and not alot of results......Hmmm, makes me wonder.

No comments: