Tuesday, September 18, 2007

News Habits

I generally get my news from the television. I watch the local news nightly and try to catch CNN or Fox News during the day. Sometimes I'll grab a paper for fun but not usually:) I always look at the headlines on Yahoo.com when I check my emails. I watch the news about everyday, I read the paper news about once a week and the Internet news I usually read three to four times a week. I watch everything the news has to show and I love entertainment news, it's very funny to me, plus I love fashion. Online and paper I usually just look at the headline stories. I think I spend about 15 hours a week seeking out or viewing news.
I think the news to some extent exploit minorities to make them seem a lot worse than there are. The media, in my opinion, stereotype for their own bias reasons and rating of course. I think the news would rather report a male figure doing something well over a female figure doing positive work. Lastly, I think people with disabilities are sometimes exploited, in order to keep ratings high for television stations.

No comments: